Learn About Brain Injury Lawsuits
Brain injuries often lead to a simple concussion, which is usually a temporary head injury that causes discomfort and confusion for a short period of time. These injuries can also lead to a coma or even death.
- Choosing the Right Lawyer for a Brain Injury
- Accidents That Cause a Brain Injury
- Filing a Lawsuit for a Brain Injury
- Compensation Needed for a Brain Injury
- Types of Head Injuries
- Documentation for a Brain Injury Lawsuit
Serious Concussion and Post-Concussive Syndrome
A severe brain injury may cause a serious concussion, leading to a brain injury called post-concussive syndrome. Symptoms of this brain injury include—
Major Brain Injuries
The most serious brain injuries involve bleeding inside the skull or damage to the white matter of the brain.
- Intracranial hematoma or hemorrhage (ICH)
- Epidural hematoma
- Subdural hematoma
- Contusion or intracerebral hematoma
- Diffuse axonal injury (DAI)
There can be lasting, irreparable, and/or fatal damage in these types of brain injuries.