Phil brings over 38 years of experience to the practice of law, and is the Senior Partner of our firm. He has a distinguished record of successful results on behalf of clients, including numerous settlements and trial verdicts of more than one million dollars. Phil represents individuals and families that have been impacted by catastrophic events related to motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, dangerous products and other serious accidents.
Phil was lead counsel in the much publicized case of Brown v. The Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority (State Court of Fulton County, Georgia), which resulted in a jury verdict of $14,915,670. He also won a jury verdict in 2015 in excess of $36,000,000 (Marion v. Little).
A native of Lafayette, Georgia, Phil earned his Juris Doctorate from the Samford University Cumberland School of Law and graduated with high honors from the University of Georgia.
Phone: (404) 832-8000
Honors & Awards
- Lawyer of the Year, Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice in Atlanta, Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Top 10 List, Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008-15
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 1990-present
- 10.0/10.0 Rating, Avvo
- Member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Selected, Best Lawyers in America
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Top 100 List, Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine, 2009-17
- Selected, Georgia Super Lawyer, 2004-17
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- University of Georgia, B.B.A.
- Atlanta Legal Experts Radio Show, 2016
- Hospital Faces Only $4.5M in $36M Verdict Over Botched Surgery, The Daily Report, 2015
- One of the Last Southern Gentlemen, Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine Cover, 2013
- Tuxedos or Table Saws, The Daily Report, 2012
- Verdicts and Settlements: Boutique Firm Wins Back-to-Back Cases, The Daily Report, 2009
Professional Organizations & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Shepherd Center